Parking & Shuttles
Saturday July 14
Prouty 2018 FUNdraisers score Prouty Preferred Parking for Event Day
As a small gesture of our appreciation to those 2018 participants that go above and beyond with their fundraising efforts, Prouty Organizers will recognize the Top 250 Individual and/or Family Fundraisers raising more than $1500 with complimentary Preferred Parking for Event Day, Saturday July 14!
Located opposite to Prouty HQ (Richmond Middle School), Prouty Preferred Parking at the Cold Regions Research and Engineering Laboratory (CRREL) provides convenient access to the event grounds.
But Hurry! Our top Fundraisers eligible for Preferred Parking will be tabulated based off the $$ in your Prouty HQ as of Noon, Friday, July 6, 2018. Recipients will receive their parking pass via email shortly thereafter with detailed instructions on how to access parking for event day.
Please note that due to parking limitations we are only able to offer one parking pass per family
Thursday (For participants staying at the Dartmouth Dorms)
- Ultimate cyclists will need a parking pass for LOT A, please check-in at Andres Dorm (3:30-5:30pm) or at The Hanover Inn (5:30-7:30pm). A shuttle will bring you from LOT A, back to Andres Dorm to finalize your check-in.
Friday (Cyclists arriving event-AM)
- Cyclists will need a parking pass for LOT A. Please check-in at The Dartmouth Green, starting at 5:00am. Ultimate cyclists roll out at 6:00am.
- 12:00-4:30pm: Event check-in/Registration at Richmond Middle School (RMS) Participants interested in completing their onsite check-in and bike plate/bib pick-up will find “short term” parking at the RMS.
- 4:30-8:00pm: Event check-in/Registration & Pasta Dinner at RMS Planning on attending the pasta dinner after you check-in for Saturday’s events? Please park in the Dewey Field Parking Lot and utilize the shuttle bus to the Richmond Middle School. There is NO on-site parking at the venue! Accessible parking is available at RMS.
- Cyclists with Walkers
We ask cyclists to ride to the event from the Dewey Field parking lot or they may use LOT A. A shuttle service will be available for walkers carpooling with cyclists on Saturday from 6:00am-5:00pm.
- JUST Walkers
Walkers are asked to park in Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Centers LOT 9 (near Jesse’s Restaurant). Frequent shuttle service will be available on Saturday from 6:00am-5:00pm. Accessible parking is available at RMS.
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING FOR TRAILERS AT THE RICHMOND MIDDLE SCHOOL on either Friday or Saturday!
- 12:00-4:30pm: Event check-in/Registration at Richmond Middle School (RMS)
Participants interested in completing their onsite check-in and bike plate/bib pick-up will find “short term” parking at the RMS.
- 4:30-8:00pm: Event check-in/Registration & Pasta Dinner at RMS
Planning on attending the pasta dinner after you check-in for Saturday’s events? Please park in the Dewey Field Parking Lot and utilize the shuttle bus to the Richmond Middle School. There is NO on-site parking at the venue! Accessible parking is available at RMS.
- **TRAILER PARKING, Singles and Doubles Drop Off**
Parking for trailers, as well as singles and doubles drop off, will be down by the river at Kendal Riverfront Park (KRP), 84 Lyme Road, Hanover, NH 03755. There is an upper parking area at KRP, as well as a parking area down by the river. Access to the lower parking area is via a gated acess road from the upper parking area. We routinely park trailers by the river, however the access road is somewhat steep and you will need a four-wheel-drive truck to pull the trailer back up the hill. Cars and vehicles not pulling trailers manage the hill fine. The lower parking area will be open for trailer parking and singles/doubles drop off on Friday beginning at 4:00 p.m. and ending at 7:00 p.m. at which time the gate will be locked. Singles, Doubles, and trailers with boats may be left overnight either down by the river or up in the central green space in the upper parking lot; however, The Prouty assumes no responsibility for your boat. Once the trailer has been parked or your boat dropped off, please plan to join the free evening pasta dinner at Richmond Middle School, which you passed on your way to KRP. The easiest way to do this would be to leave your truck or car in the upper parking lot and walk to the venue, which is approximately 1/2 mile away. The site reopens at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, and the lower parking area will be available during the event for parking trailers and dropping off/picking up singles and doubles until 2:00 p.m. The upper parking area is available at all times.
Throughout Saturday, rowing participants with or without boat trailers will find parking available at the Kendal Riverfront Park (KRP), 84 Lyme Road, Hanover, NH 03755 beginning at 7:30 a.m. There is an upper parking area at KRP, as well as a parking area down by the river. Access to the lower parking area is via a gated acess road from the upper parking area and is limited to boat trailers, to those picking up/dropping off singles or doubles, and for handicapped parking, and will be closed for the day at 2:00 p.m. Everyone else will park in the upper parking area and walk down the access road to the river. Additionally, once your day on the water is complete, please plan to join the remaining Prouty participants for lunch with live entertainment at the Prouty venue site at the Richmond Middle School, which is a short 1/2 mile walk away. The upper parking area remains open throughout the day.
- The Hanover Country Club can generally accommodate the parking needs of Golf The Prouty.
- **In the event that the parking lot becomes full, please do not attempt to park in areas designated as NO parking along Occum Road! Overflow parking is available a short distance away at the Dartmouth Medical School/Dick’s House parking lot at the corner of Rope Ferry Rd. and Maynard St. There is a shuttle service from this parking lot.
Friday & Saturday
- Volunteers on Friday and Saturday have the option of parking at the Ray School or at River Crest. Saturday volunteers will receive a printable parking pass sent via email the week before the event; those volunteering on other days will not need a pass.